Let’s Face It… Glasses And Contacts Simply Don’t Compare.
Glasses and contacts have most definitely served us well up to this point, but the truth is all they do is cover up the symptoms of poor vision – they don’t correct your eyesight issues at the source. Not to mention they dull our appearance and complicate our lives. Sure many people are ‘satisfied’ with the job glasses and contacts do – either because they’re afraid of LASIK or think it costs too much. But let’s take a look closer and uncover some of the truths behind the battle for clear vision:
LASIK Custom Vision vs. Glasses
Glasses have been helping us see better since they were invented over 900 years ago. Which means we’ve been scratching them, losing them, breaking them and fogging them up for the past 900 years. Unfortunately, no matter what name is on the frames, they’re still the same technology Ben Franklin used, and still nothing more than a band-aid over your real vision issue.
LASIK Custom Vision gets you free of all the hassles of glasses by solving poor vision at the source. By correcting the actual cause of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism, you’ll be free to toss those glasses in the trash… or donate them to a museum!
LASIK Custom Vision vs. Contacts
Losing, misplacing, forgetting, scratching, slipping, tearing, smearing, fogging, sore eyes, red eyes, itchy eyes, glued to your eyeballs, allergies, hay fever, cabin fever (because you can’t do water sports)… yeah pretty much sums it up.
After LASIK Custom Vision, you can take all of these words, phrases and hassles out of your dictionary – and your life – for good!
Oh, and you’ll save money too. Our patients are often surprised to realize, after they do the math, that in the long run LASIK Custom Vision works out to be cheaper than wearing contacts! In fact, one way to look at this is that if you’re wearing contacts you’re already paying for LASIK Custom Vision. Between visits to the optometrist, new prescriptions, new lenses, replacement lenses, cleaning and sterilizing preparations – you’ll probably spend over $600 a year – and those costs NEVER end. On the other hand LASIK Custom Vision is a one time expense with no-interest monthly payments – meaning your payments won’t cost you much more than you’re already spending on contact – and when you’re done, YOU’RE DONE!
Let’s Take A Look At Some Of The Most Common Patient Issues In The LASIK vs. Lenses Battle:
- The alarm clock factor – It’s amazing how the little things can end up being so important. This is something virtually every patients says after LASIK Custom Vision: “I woke up, and actually SEE the alarm clock in the morning!” How much better would that be as a way to start – and continue – your day?
- The risks of long-term contacts use – Did you know that LASIK Custom Vision is actually safer than wearing contacts? In the past six years the FDA has posted an increasing number of advisories concerning risks associated with contact lenses, and some researchers have reported the risk factor with contacts as 5X greater than with LASIK. This doesn’t mean contacts are dangerous, it just means that LASIK is a safer (and better) alternative. This hopefully puts to rest any concerns about the safety of the procedure. (Source: Mathers, W.D. Archives of Ophthalmology; vol 124: pp 1510-1511)
- Freedom to play Water Sports – Glasses of course are impossible to wear in most active sports, but contacts can be hazardous or restrictive, especially with water sports. Splash, swim, scuba, surf and ski with complete freedom – thanks to LASIK Custom Vision.
- Appearance – Sure contacts do help a lot with appearance – if you’re willing to put up with the hassles and frustration. With LASIK Custom Vision, you can now feel as good as you look.
- General Safety – “Nobody move!” Everyone who has ever worn contacts knows what this phrase means. The real issue is that for those minutes while we scramble around, we’re virtually blind. Leave that feeling of helplessness behind cause your days of contact hunting our over – thanks to LASIK Custom Vision!
- Freedom to do… well anything! – Let’s say you like to travel – LASIK Custom Vision means you only have to pack what you want to take along, not what you have to take – like spare lenses, cleaning solutions, sterilizing solutions, etc. Maybe you like to live-by-the-moment. Now you can stay up as late as you want or even stay overnight – without having to worry about your contacts getting glued to your eyeballs.
- Seeing naturally – This is an issue that might get taken for granted, but it’s really the major benefit of LASIK Custom Vision. One day you’ll simply realize you don’t have any glass or plastic between you and the rest of the world – and that your eyesight is functioning exactly as nature intended.
- Better vision than with contacts – Almost all of our patients achieve improved vision compared to using contacts and glasses. Soft contact lenses, due to their design and composition cannot provide the quality of vision achieved with LASIK Custom Vision, and cannot fully correct astigmatism. LASIK Custom Vision solves the unique corneal irregularities that cause myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism – so it’s no surprise that outcomes often exceed the results of contacts.