The advantages and disadvantages of LASIK Custom Vision vs. PRK Custom Vision
Unfortunately, some people are not LASIK Custom Vision candidates because their corneas are too thin to support the making of a flap for the procedure. The good news is that we provide an alternative in the form of PRK Custom Vision. While slightly different, the results of each procedure are virtually the same. The only difference is in the recovery time. Let’s take a closer look:
- pain-free during the procedure,
- recovery is much faster (1-2 days).
PRK: also called “photorefractive keratectomy”
The first step is performed where a solution is applied to remove the outer layer of cells on the cornea, and treatment is done on the uppermost part of the cornea to correct your vision.
- - great option for people who thought they weren’t candidates due to thin corneas
- - total absence of operative risk;
- - painless procedure;
- - immediate sight clarity
- -Visual results comparable to LASIK
- - Mild pain for a couple of hours following surgery.
- -Itching and sensitivity during recovery
- -The recovery time is longer – up to three weeks – to achieve the same visual outcome as LASIK.